Monday, July 25, 2011

Time makes the heart grow fonder.

Hey bloggers!



I finally got my nose pierced today and I absolutely adore it. 





Those that know me, know that I have talked about getting my nose pierced for a good year now. I finally got the guts and mommy even went with me since I'm not 18 yet. I psyched myself out last night by watching YouTube video's. Mistake. But it really wasn't that bad after all. My eyes watered a good amount but pain wise, it felt like my malaria shot. Piece of cake with a little sting. I am so happy I got it! I finally feel like my true self. A little spunky! :)


On a more serious note, Monday was a month since I've been home from Africa. Though I spent it getting my nose pierced, I also talked with my dear friend Hannah for a good hour when we got home. Telling her all the countless stories about my trip over some yummy brownies and a cold glass of milk. It was really refreshing because I hadn't talked about them in a while and she actually listened and really cared about the things I experienced. With each story I told, another filtered in my mind and the tears just kept shedding. My heart smiled when I would look up and see Hannah fighting back her own tears as well. It's so awesome when you find those special people that will listen to you go on and on about how God changed your life in a third world country. Not everyone listens. I am very blessed and thankful for those that do.


I can't believe there are only 25 days left until I move to Russellville. I am so excited to finally live with my precious roomie, Claire, but I am also really nervous. Going from my comfortable home life and moving to a big college campus can be a little intimidating but with God on my side, what can stand against me? I am so thankful for the friendships that I've already made with people at Arkansas Tech, good, solid friendships. I'm also really relieved and excited that my best friend Rachel and I are continuing this awesome friendship by going to the same college. It will make it feel a little more like home, I think. I really feel like God has some awesome doors and opportunities already lined up for me within the next couple years. I am excited and expectant for what He is going to show me, teach me, tell me and reveal to me in my near future. I love to think that God has my future perfectly orchestrated and I am just following in His footsteps. He has divine appointments already lined up for me at Tech. New people I will meet, professors I will have, campus ministries I will be apart of, a new home church, and much much more. I am so ready to start this new chapter of my life. It is definitely time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment