Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Set-apart femininity, contrary to what you might be thinking, is not stodgy and grim-faced with drab, shapeless clothes, librarian glasses, and a twenty-pound Bible under one arm. It's not hiding from society or shunning the opposite sex. Set-apart is the sparkling, vibrant, world-altering, Christ-like version of femininity that you King created you to exude." -Leslie Ludy


As I came across this quote, I couldn't help but lead my eyes straight to Proverbs 4. Proverbs 4 paints a beautiful picture of wisdom. Not only that, but it paints a beautiful picture of how I want my relationship with my husband or significant other to someday be:


“Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments, and live. Get wisdom; get insight; do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will keep you; love her, and she will guard you. The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever you get, get insight. Prize her highly, and she will exalt you, she will honor you if you embrace her. She will place on your head a graceful garland; she will bestow on you a beautiful crown.” Proverbs 4:5-9


I love how God relates wisdom to a woman in this passage. He puts across how beautiful and precious "she is." The first time I read and studied this I couldn't help but find a double meaning. I will not settle for less of a man than I deserve. I believe God has someone so special out there for me and we will cherish these scriptures together someday. I am looking for a man who will "prize me highly and embrace me." One who will never forsake me but will love me. When I find this man I will be sure to keep him, guard him, exalt him, honor him and treat him like the man of God he will be. It's so hard to lead a life of purity in our generation but I have learned and continue to learn that it is more than worth it. I have kept my purity so sacred. Though at times I was ashamed and embarrassed of it, today it is my most prized possession. I am so thankful I let God and God alone have the key to my heart. Of course Satan tries to attack me with my purity everyday, but I refuse to be shaken. I have made it this far, I will make it until I meet my future husband. I hope he appreciates the fact that I have kept my sanctuary for him pure and whole, that I have loved him ALL the days of my life. If he is my husband, I know he will. Guys, I encourage you to love on your girl. Make her feel cherished and prized. Lead her closer to the Lord and protect her purity until marriage. Encourage her in her faith as well as in everyday struggles. Treat her like a princess and she will treat you like the prince that you are.... if  you find the right girl :) 


"Find a woman who cares about nothing but loving, searching, honoring and glorifying Jesus Christ, and you will see who truly is 'the fairest of them all.'" 

No comments:

Post a Comment