Monday, January 3, 2011

Here in Your presence, I am undone.

"I'm still in Your presence, but you've taken my hand. You wisely and tenderly lead me, and then you bless me." Psalm 73:24

"But I'm in the very presence of God-oh, how refreshing it is! I've made Lord God my home. God, I'm telling the world what you do!" Psalm 73:28

"Honor and majesty are found in His presence; strength and joy are found in His sanctuary." 1 Chronicles 16:27

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11



Entering into the presence of God is my absolute favorite thing to do. There's something different about that presence: Sweet, tender, loving, caring, safe, refuge, strong, powerful, merciful, graceful, kind, truth, voice. All of these things come to mind when I think about the Lord's presence. No matter where I am, worship can always lead me into this presence. When I close my eyes, things become clearer. I can see thousands of miles, straight to the Throne of God. I feel as if I'm sitting at Jesus' feet praising Him for His wonderful glory, singing "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty!" It's during those times I talk with Jesus. He has done so much for me & IN me that I want nothing more than to be completely surrendered to His presence. No matter what life has thrown at me or how much weight I'm trying to carry on my shoulders, when I close my eyes & speak with Jesus, I've never felt lighter. He takes that all away when we set our eyes on the glorious unseen. When we understand & realize that He is our refuge, our strength & that He CARES for us! You know those moments the Holy Spirit tugs on your heart? If you would just STOP what you're doing, enter into God's presence & listen to His voice & what He's trying to tell you, you would be amazed at what you find. Instead of ignoring that tug on your heart from the Holy Spirit, which is what God uses to tell us something, Ignite it! And enter into it. You won't be let down. And it just feels good.

 



1 comment: