Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yours Not Mine

Hello bloggers, I'm going to start posting my poems on here because people have asked me to share them! This poem is entitled "Yours Not Mine," and is about a girl who forgot her first love, Jesus Christ. Enjoy :)

I don't know really what to say,
It's been so long since I called Your Name.
Darkness swallowed me, took me under,
For to long I've lived in wonder.
I'm at a loss for words, My God,
I don't know how I strayed so far.
I'm thankful for Your grace tonight.
I can finally lay my head down right.
You're The One who makes things new,
I need to surrender my all to You.
So take my heart, hold it in Your Hands,
I still believe in the purpose of Your Plan.
You never leave nor forsake me,
I confide in You; My Rock, My Safety.
I don't know where to go from here,
for the first time You feel so near.
Always there to grab my hand,
pull me up from the sinking sand.
My heart cries out to sing Your praise,
I'll never doubt Your sufficient grace.
There's something more I'm bound to find,
So take my life it's Yours not mine.

1 comment: