Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Waiting and Watching.

I pray to God-my life a prayer-
and wait for what He'll say and do.
My life's on the line before God, my Lord,
waiting and watching till morning,
waiting and watching till morning.
Psalm 130:5-8

CHRISTMAS BREAK! Glory to God! Maybe I'll be able to start blogging more! Today, I've been meditating on God's Word & I came across Psalm 130:5-8. It's pretty rad if you ask me. My biggest flaw in my Christian walk is my patience. I've always been a here & now kinda girl. I'm always on a schedule & if things don't match up with HOW I want them or WHEN I want them, I get very ansy. So this verse definitely stole my attention & caught my eye. Why? The part that obviously needs to be paid attention to is probably the line that is repeated double time. "Waiting and watching till morning." I've done some studying on every verse you can find about waiting, patience and everything else that has to do with God's timing. The most interesting thing I've found is that "patiently waiting" really means "waiting while I wait." HOLY COW! I'm terrible at waiting.... much alone WAITING WHILE WAITING!? God, that's so much for you to ask of me! Are you sure? (Insert God's laughter here.) ;) He's God. Of course He's sure. My life is my prayer. I wait for what He says and does. My life is ON THE LINE BEFORE MY GOD. God knows the next step I'm going to take, the next sentence I will speak and the next person that will walk into my life. NOT on my time; on His. If I gave my heart and emotions out to every guy that has ever pursued either of those things, I would have nothing left by this point. I thank my Father for setting me apart with my purity. I'm a Senior in high school. 17 years old. And I have never had my first kiss. Am I nun? No. That would be miserable. I do not think I am called to a life of singleness but through my teenage years,  Yes, I have definitely been called to singleness. And it's been a long, rocky, hard, lonely road but if it is going to glorify my God and in the end glorify my precious husband I will be single 110%. And that is what I have done. I want the next person I date to be my future husband. If that's 2 months, 2 years or even longer. I mean I wish it could be tomorrow but I have to die to my desires daily to glorify my Jesus. He is good and I put all my trust in the everlasting God. My sweet Man is out there somewher. God will always be MORE than enough for me though.

Waiting Patiently,
Tay.

No comments:

Post a Comment