Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Cry for Help & A Christmas Story.

If you're reading this, drop everything you're doing and pray for the life of Travis McAfee.

Travis & his girlfriend Ashley Shipley, both students of Southside were in a car accident this evening in Kansas. From what we've gathered they hit ice & the car flipped. I'm not certain how many times. They were both sent to ICU. Ashley broke her jaw and will have surgery Sunday. Travis is in a coma in ICU with low brain activity, but he is stable. If I know anything, I know that God can perform miracles. Why? Because I am a walking miracle. I was in a rollover car accident two years ago December 15th. We hit ice, flipped over the guard rail, and rolled up to 7 times. If I can walk out of that alive I know that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR MY GOD! HE HOLDS THE WORLD IN HIS HANDS! And tonight, I know that He is holding Travis & Ashley in the palm of that very hand. So please PRAY!


My Christmas Story:

My great grandmother, Sweet Maw, has been in the nursing home for the past couple of months. She is decreasing fast but we already know she is ready to be with the Lord when He decides to take her. My mother and Maw are very close and always have been. So tonight, she went to visit for a couple of hours. There was a man. An old man. Who she has seen everytime she's gone to visit Maw... so when she got back to my grandma's she asked her about the old man. And my grandma went on to tell this story.....

This old man's wife was diagnosed with Alzheimers and lives in the nursing home. He had been gonig to the nursing home FIVE times a day to sit with his wife. FIVE times a day. He did this until his doctor told him that he could do it no longer. The doctor said, "You're going to kill yourself trying to get back and forth from this nursing home five times a day. Your health can't take it anymore." Did he take it down to one visit a day? Oh no, his love for his beautiful wife was much stronger than that. He obeyed the doctor by going down to four visits a day. Yes, four visits. The story goes that when this man's wife got crushed with the news of being diagnosed with this horrible disease, she sweetly looked at her husband with tear-filled eyes and said this, "Promise....promise you'll take care of me....even when I don't remember you?" The man, hiding the tears, picked up her cheek and replied, "You didn't even have to ask, it will always be my pleasure taking care of you...even when you don't remember me." As if this wasn't tearjerking enough, I thought about Jesus. I thought about all the times we selfishy turn away from our Father. The times His face dimly fades from our lives and we start to cover him up with sinful things and begin to forget about Him. Yet when we do this, we don't ask if God will take care of us. I don't remember one time I strayed away from the Lord and asked him to take care of me. But you see... this is where the beauty of the Lord lies, deep within His gentle heart. When we stray we don't HAVE to ask God to take care of us when we don't remember him. He does it JOYFULLY. He CHOOSES to carry the weight of our sin on HIS SHOULDERS. He picks up our dirty face and says, "My Child... I will always take care of you... even when you don't remember me."

Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Hello sweet girl!!! I am your NEWEST FOLLOWER/creeper LOLOL jk I promise. (maybe)
    I love your posts, I look forward to reading them! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww yay!!!! I love new follower/creepers! :) Jk! You are the farthest thing from that... :) I try to blog as often as possible! I hope you enjoy what my heart has to say :)

    ReplyDelete